Kriptomat will ask you to verify your identity after you have created your free account.
Your name/surname have to match your name/surname displayed in your official ID. E.g, if you have 2 surnames, make sure to use both when you're entering your full name.
After your email address and phone number are verified, you will be able to start the identity verification process. Please follow our step-by-step guide in order to submit data for verification:
The Identity verification dialog
- Go to the My Wallets page and click on the blue icon above Click to verify your identity label.
- Identity verification dialog will show up. Your first and last name are already pre-populated, so you just need to fill in your Date of birth, and details of your address (including street address, building number, city, postal code and country).
- Press the Continue button. You will be transferred to dialog for choosing the type of document that you want to use for verification.
Uploading the photos
In order to complete the identity verification process, you will need to prepare the following:
- a photo of yourself holding your proof of identity,
- picture(s) of one of the following two documents: personal identity card (photos of the front and back side) or passport (a photo of a full double-page of your passport.).
The basic requirement for all photos is that they are not blurry and that the documents are readable.
Do you have photos on your computer?
If you have photos of the selected document stored on your computer, please follow the steps written below:
- Choose the type of document that you have selected for verification. As mentioned above, there are two options to choose from here: passport, identity card.
- For passport, upload a picture of the photo page. For identity card, you will first be asked to upload the front side and then the rear side of the document.
If you have a camera installed on your computer, you can use it to take a selfie.
That’s it! It usually takes anywhere from ten minutes up to one hour for identity verification to finish. You will receive an email once the process is finished.