Kriptomat will ask you to verify your identity after you have created your free user account.
After your email address and phone number are verified, you will be able to start the identity verification process. Please follow our step-by-step guide in order to submit appropriate documents for verification.
Watch our video to see the entire process:
The process of verifying your identity (a step-by-step guide):
- Login to your Kriptomat account and go to the Wallets section.
- Click the blue icon where it says Verify your identity.
- The identity verification dialog will show up. You need to fill in the required details. Enter the street address, building number, city, postcode, and find your country from the drop-down menu. Then click Next.
- You will be transferred to a dialog for choosing the type of document that you want to use for identity verification. Kriptomat accepts two types of documents: Passports and ID cards. Please note that we do not accept residence permits, driver’s licenses, or other types of documents. Choose the document that you want to use (Passport or ID card). Here you can also decide to continue the process on a computer or on a mobile phone.
- Upload the photos of your document.
- Click Next.
- Your internet browser may ask you to allow our system to access your web camera. Please Allow this.
- Click Start to continue with the “selfie” check.
- Click I’M READY.
- Frame your face within the small oval, then the big oval.
- Click Next and wait a couple of minutes while we check your photos. We will notify you by email when verification is completed.
That’s it! It usually takes anywhere from two minutes up to one hour for the identity verification to finish. You will receive an email once the process is finished.