Verifying identity on Kriptomat is an easy and fast process that usually takes up to 5 minutes.
Interested why you need to verify your identity? Check this article.
After your email address and phone number are verified, you will be able to start the identity verification process. Please follow our step-by-step guide in order to submit appropriate documents for verification.
We strongly suggest to watch our video and see the entire process:
Before you get started:
Prepare your ID document. We accept only ID cards and passports (driver's license, residence permit, work permit are not accepted)
Make sure you have a high-resolution camera to take photos and videos on your mobile phone or computer
We prefer fresh photos and when submitting a document photo please make sure you submit a high-resolution colour photo of full double-page of your PASSPORT or both sides of your IDENTITY CARD, with a minimum of 4 months to the expiration date, all 4 corners of the document must be visible, every single data clearly readable and the photo of your face visible.
Take the photos somewhere bright
Turn flash off to avoid glare on your documents
Do not take a picture of a picture - screenshots.
Do not upload processed/edited photos.
The process of verifying your identity (a step-by-step guide):
1. LOGIN - Login to your Kriptomat account and go to the Wallets section.
2. START THE PROCESS - Click the blue-button where it says Start your verification process.
3. ENTER ADDRESS - The identity verification dialogue will show up. You need to fill in the required details. Enter the street address, building number, city, postcode, and find your country from the drop-down menu. Then click Next.
4. SELECT AND UPLOAD DOCUMENT - You will be transferred to a dialogue for choosing the type of document that you want to use for identity verification. Kriptomat accepts two types of documents: Passports and ID cards. Please note that we do not accept residence permits, driver’s licenses, or other types of documents. Choose the document that you want to use (Passport or ID card). Here you can also decide to continue the process on a computer or on a mobile phone.
We prefer you to make fresh photos of your ID document and your internet browser may ask you to allow our system to access your web camera. Please allow this.
You can also use the photos you have on your computer.
5. Upload the photos of your document. Click Next.
6. PASS THE LIVENESS/SELFIE CHECK - Your internet browser may ask you to allow our system to access your web camera. Please allow this.
7. Click Start to continue with the “liveness selfie” check.
8. Click I’M READY.
9. Frame your face within the frame and turn your head based on the given instructions,
10. FINISH - Click Next and wait a couple of minutes while we check your photos. We will notify you by email when verification is completed.
USING YOUR MOBILE PHONE
You can use your mobile phone for steps 4. and 5. Simply enter your mobile number and you will get an SMS with a unique link, to continue the process on your mobile phone.
That’s it! It usually takes anywhere from two minutes up to one hour for the identity verification to finish. You will receive an email once the process is finished.
Do you still have any questions? Use the support chat to contact our support team or send us an email [email protected]