Verifying identity on Kriptomat is an easy and fast process that usually takes up to 5 minutes.
Interested why you need to verify your identity? Check this article.
After your email address and phone number are verified, you will be able to start the identity verification process. Please follow our step-by-step guide in order to submit appropriate documents for verification.
Before you get started:
Prepare your ID document. We accept only ID cards and passports (residence permits, and work permits are not accepted).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Customers from the following countries can verify their identity also with a driving license:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.
Make sure you allow access to Kriptomat App to your camera.
We prefer fresh photos and when submitting a document photo please make sure you submit a high-resolution color photo of a full double-page of your PASSPORT or both sides of your IDENTITY CARD or DRIVING LICENSE (if your country is in the above-mentioned list), with a minimum of 4 months to the expiration date, all 4 corners of the document must be visible, every single data clearly readable and the photo of your face visible.
Take the photos somewhere bright
Turn flash off to avoid glare on your documents
Do not take a picture of a picture - screenshots.
Do not upload processed/edited photos.
The process of verifying your identity (a step-by-step guide):
1. LOGIN - Login to your Kriptomat account and go to the Wallets section.
2. START THE PROCESS - Click the blue-button where it says Verify your identity, and press Continue.
3. ENTER ADDRESS - The identity verification dialogue will show up. You need to fill in the required details. Enter the street address, building number, city, and postcode, and find your country from the drop-down menu. Then click Continue.
4. SELECT AND UPLOAD DOCUMENT - You will be transferred to a dialogue for choosing the type of document that you want to use for identity verification. Kriptomat accepts three types of documents: Passports, ID cards, and Driving Licenses, for the above-mentioned countries. Please note that we do not accept residence permits or other types of documents. Choose the document that you want to use (Passport or ID card).
5. Your Camera will start once you select your preferred document type. (You might be asked to allow access to your camera, please select OK).
6. Make clear photos of your document.
7. Once you take photos of your document it will upload automatically.
8. Green circle will appear, please position your face in such a way toward to camera that it is visible in the green circle.
9. And that is it!
It usually takes anywhere from two minutes up to one hour for the identity verification to finish. You will receive an email once the process is finished.
Do you still have any questions? Use the support chat to contact our support team or send us an email [email protected]