Following our security procedures, making a large* bank deposit is a situation and type of request where we may ask you to provide us with an IDCP before we actually confirm your deposit.
IDCP = SELFIE + WRITTEN NOTE + ID DOCUMENT
This is an extra security measure to protect you and prevent you from being deceived by potentially fraudulent brokers and alleged investment advisors or making wrong investment decisions.
To confirm your request we require an ID confirmation photo (IDCP). That is a picture of the account owner, holding their ID document and a note next to the face to allow for facial confirmation of the ID document.
Checklist for producing a proper IDCP that can be accepted by our verifications team:
- The ID must be a valid identification document (passport, ID card). Please use the same document that you used to verify your identity on Kriptomat.
- The details on the ID must be readable. They cannot be blurry or out of focus.
- Must say: “I (insert your name surname) confirm that I am not working with a broker or investment advisor. I made the transfer of (insert amount) EUR to Kriptomat for the purpose of buying cryptocurrencies.”
- Must include the deposit amount in euros.
- Must be handwritten, not typed.
- Must be in English.
- Must have the current date.
- Must have your signature.
- The text should be clearly readable and not covered up.
Pay close attention when writing the note! If even one word is different in the note, the photo will not be accepted.
- The ID shouldn’t be taped or pinned to the note. Both the ID and the note have to be held by hand.
- Hold the ID and handwritten note in your hand(s). Someone else can’t hold the note for you.
- It’s fine to hold both the handwritten note and the ID in the same hand.
- Your face, the ID, and the note all have to be clearly visible.
- Your fingers cannot cover any details on your ID or on the note.
- Your upper body and hands should be visible. Don’t be a head sticking out from behind the note.
- You cannot wear sunglasses, a hat, or anything that obscures your facial features.
- Have your friend or family member take the photo.
- Take the photo during the daytime when the lighting is good.
- When it’s dark outside and you’re relying entirely on indoor lighting, it’s harder for cameras to capture details.
Send the photo to [email protected]
NOTE: Please keep in mind that we are not associated with any investment managers or advisors. Read this article for more information.
*There is no fixed number for what a large deposit means in terms of euros. Our Compliance team determines whether an IDCP for confirming a large bank deposit is necessary or not.