Following our security procedures, changing a phone number is a situation and type of request where we require you to provide us with an IDCP.
To confirm your request we require an ID confirmation photo (IDCP). That is a picture of the account holder, holding their ID document and a note next to the face to allow for facial confirmation of the ID document, with a dedicated note.
Checklist for producing a proper IDCP that can be accepted by our verifications team:
- The ID must be a valid identification document (passport, ID card). Please use the same document that you used to verify your identity on Kriptomat.
- The details on the ID must be readable. They cannot be blurry or out of focus.
- Must say: “Request a change of phone number to [your new phone number]”
- Must be handwritten, not typed.
- Must be in English.
- Must have the current date.
- Must have your signature.
- None of the text can be covered.
Pay close attention when writing the note! If even one word is different in the note, the photo will not be accepted.
- The ID shouldn’t be taped or pinned to the note. Both the ID and the note have to be held by hand.
- Hold the ID and handwritten note in your hand(s). Someone else can’t hold the note for you.
- It’s fine to hold both the handwritten note and the ID in the same hand.
- Your face, the ID, and the note all have to be clearly visible.
- Your fingers cannot cover any details on your ID or on the note.
- Your upper body and hands should be visible. Don’t be a head sticking out from behind the note.
- You cannot wear sunglasses, a hat, or anything that obscures your facial features.
- Have your friend or family member take the photo.
- Take the photo during the daytime when the lighting is good.
- When it’s dark outside and you’re relying entirely on indoor lighting, it’s harder for cameras to capture details.
Send the photo to [email protected]