Please try the verification one more time by logging into your account. Read below to find out about the more common reasons for why the verification fails, and try to avoid these pitfalls.
Most common reasons for document check fails are:
- Incorrect selfie - make sure that you're holding the chosen document in your hand while taking a selfie (see image below for reference). The data on the document has to be visible.
- Wrong document type - make sure that you’re uploading/taking pictures of a document you have selected (supported documents are Passports and National ID cards).
- Expired document - make sure that your document is valid.
- Poor picture quality - make sure that the whole document is visible and readable.
- Edited photo - photos processed with image editors (i.e. Photoshop) are not accepted.
- Incomplete photo - all corners of your document must be visible. The same applies for the image of your Passport where the entire two-page document has to be in the photo frame (see image below for reference).
Most common reasons for facial similarity fails are:
- You wore glasses - please remove sunglasses glasses when taking a selfie. Normal glasses should be fine if you also wear them on the document photo.
- No document on selfie - please take and upload a photo of yourself holding your proof of identity.
- There is a glare in the picture - please make sure that the document is clearly readable.
- There are other people in the picture - please make sure that only you are in the photo.
- Black & White photo - please make sure that the photo is in colour.
- A photo of a photo - please take a direct photo of your face. Don't take a photo of a photo from your document or some other photo of your face. In short, take a selfie.