Google two-factor authentication (2FA) is a great way to add an additional layer of security to your account.
To enable Google 2FA:
- Download and install the Google Authenticator app for your Android or iOS device.
- Login to your Kriptomat account.
- Click your name in the header.
- Click Security from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the Enable Google Authenticator button.
- Enter the verification code you received by SMS to your phone number. Click Verify.
- Check the I have downloaded and installed the app. checkbox and press the Next button.
- Confirm the action by entering the verification code received via SMS to your phone.
- A QR code and authentication key will be shown to you. Go to your Google Authenticator app on your phone, press the “+” button and scan the QR code or manually enter the authentication key.
- Check the I have scanned the QR code. checkbox and press the Next button.
- Save the authentication key - we suggest that you write it on a piece of paper and keep it in a safe place (e.g a fireproof cabinet or a safety deposit box at your bank).
- Check the I have saved the authentication key. checkbox and press the Next button.
- Enter your Authentication key, login password and a 6-digit 2FA code which is generated in the Google Authenticator app on your phone.
- Press the Enable button.