When you first setup your Google two-factor authentication, you receive a backup authentication key in case you lose your phone or lose access to it.
You can use this authentication key to recover your profile on a new device, so it is extremely important that you keep this key safe.
On your new phone, install Google Authenticator and link/recover your Kriptomat account 2FA. Follow these steps:
- Open the Google Authenticator application.
- Click the press the red “+” button (in the bottom right corner) and choose "Enter a provided key".
- You will see two input boxes: "Account name" and "Your key".
- Enter the Account name which is in the following format: Kriptomat (your-email).
- Enter the recovery authentication key into the "Your key" input box.
- Click the "ADD" button.
That's it! Your Google 2FA is now recovered on a new device!
If you are still unable to log in to your Kriptomat account, contact [email protected].