It can happen that a purchase with your Credit Card will be declined. Below you can find the most common reasons for a declined Credit Card:
- You have used an unsupported Credit Card (at the moment it is possible to make purchases only with MasterCard or Visa).
- Your Credit Card does not support "3D Secure" (3D Secure is a safety procedure where the card issuer determines if is it really you who is trying to make the purchase). To know if your card supports 3D Secure, you should contact your credit/debit card provider directly. Some banks will require various security steps to authorize a purchase using 3D Secure (text message, a bank provided security card, or security questions).
- Your bank does not allow purchases of Cryptocurrency with the Credit Card. In this case, kindly get in touch with your issuing bank and ask if it is possible to enable Cryptocurrency purchases.
- You are not the owner of the Credit Card (The card holder's name must be the same name as in your Kriptomat account).
- The card you are trying to use was reported as lost or stolen.
- Your Credit Card doesn't accept online purchases.
- The transaction was declined by our Risk Management department. In some cases, it can happen that after a short internal investigation our Risk management team decides that a Credit Card must be declined due to security reasons. You can try again with the same card after a 24h waiting period or immediately try with another card.
NOTE: If your card was charged, but failed to processes the purchase, the amount will be refunded in about 7 business days.
If you think that any of the above-mentioned reasons are not related to your card getting declined, you are more than welcome to contact our support team via [email protected]. We will do our best to find an explanation and a solution.